Old August 8th 12, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke[_4_]

Default Powerflarm Brick feedback

Below is an exerpt from the addendum on the flarm page, I modified my
flarmcfg.txt accordingly and it seems to have improved things

link to the addendum -
http://www.flarm.com/support/manual/...0_addendum.txt

* $PFLAC,S,PCASRANGE,oblique_range_meters
$PFLAC,S,PCASVRANGE,vertical_range_meters
Sets the PCAS oblique (PCASRANGE) or vertical (PCASVRANGE) range in meters.

Example:
$PFLAC,S,PCASRANGE,5000*
Sets the PCAS oblique range to 5km.

* $PFLAC,S,ADSBRANGE,horizontal_range_meters
$PFLAC,S,ADSBVRANGE,vertical_range_meters
Sets the ADS-B horizontal (ADSBRANGE) or vertical (ADSBVRANGE) range in
meters.

Example:
$PFLAC,S,ADSBRANGE,15000*
Sets the ADS-B horizontal range to 15km.

Notice: If FLARM determines that a PCAS or ADS-B target represents a
danger, it will be displayed/output regardless of the range setting.

Maximum value for PCAS and ADS-B ranges: 65535m.

Cheers,
Luke Szczepaniak

On 08/08/2012 11:48 AM, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Aug 8, 11:24 am, Andy wrote:
On Aug 8, 5:00 am, Evan Ludeman wrote:

I'm getting PCAS alerts from above and below, but range is quite
limited. About a mile. I'd like 2 - 3 miles. Hope this can be
addressed in firmware. All else works well.

Evan Ludeman / T8

The data sheet, integration manual, and dataport specification for an
ADS-B module that appears to be the one used in PowerFLARM can be
found he

http://www.garrecht.com/index.php/en...trx-oem-module

Maybe a review of those docs will give some indication of the the
expected performance.

Andy

Interesting, thanks. Tends to confirm my expectation that the
effective PowerFlarm PCAS range can be modified through software.
Looking forward to this.

-Evan / T8