Old December 21st 12, 05:46 PM posted to alt.aviation.safety,rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default Concorde Crash

In article
,
HankC wrote:

On Dec 20, 1:57*pm, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article
,

*HankC wrote:
On Dec 17, 10:24*pm, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
Here is an interesting story on the crash that grounded the Concordes:

http://www.askthepilot.com/untold-concorde-story/

It seems that the fire wasn't the cause of the crash -- it was basic
airmanship.

How is:

1., it was flying too slowly;
2., it was several tons overweight and beyond its aft center of
gravity limit;
3., two of its four engines were damaged or erroneously shut down;
4., it was over-fueled.

'airmanship'?

1. Flying too slowly is DEFINITELY airmanship!
2. Flying overweight is airmanship because of poor flight planning.
3. Shutting down a wrong engine is airmanship of the first order.
4. Over fueling adds too much weight and can affect weight & balance
computations.

There -- did I answer your question?- Hide quoted text -

did you read the article about what and why these things happened?

I read the article -- it does not excuse the airmanship.