Old July 20th 20, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Tow Pilots and CFIG Wanted at Sandhill Soaring Club (Michigan)

At Soar Maui, Hi we towed from sea level to over the top of Haleakala at around 11,000 ft. Did it day out, day in. Increased pricing on all flights several times without a sniffle from the tourists.

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 5:10:09 AM UTC-4, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:36:29 -0700, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west
Texas wrote:

Well, that resulted in increased demand for MORE mile high rides as the
perceived value by customers was to book "the best ride" for more money.

That effect seems to be present in a lot of leasure and business
situations and has done for quite some time.

Back in the mid 80s one of our senior people was getting overloaded with
consultancy requests, so after some head scratching his daily fee was put
up by a large amount and, to everybody's surprise, the queue size for his
services immediately doubled.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org