Old October 9th 03, 01:39 PM

Yes, now I see how to interpret the FAR. 129, besides stating
pilot must comply with any departure procedure, also in the next
sentence states applicable distance from clouds criteria need to be
followed. Clearly they are refering to vfr then.

Which brings up an interesting question. I use jepps, and perusing
through many airports (Mass for eg, Bedford, Boston, Hyannis,
Nantucket, lawrence, beverly, etc) I don't see *ANY* FAA departure
procedures (other than ifr).

Should I be perusing some other sources?
Where does one find departure procedures listed?

thanks, Stan

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:13:33 GMT, wrote:

wrote:

OK, I see what you mean, and I'll take your word for it. But the FAR
does state "departure procedure", and the ifr departure procedure
would thus seem to be included as a "departure procedure". The FAR
should be re worded!

Well, that is not in the IFR section of Part 91, and it applies only to
departures at airports with operating control towers. It's basically a noise
rule.

As to the regulation not making that clear, some of those regs are written
without regard to another meaning for a term. Plus, there is a legal
interpretation that muddies it even further.