Old March 31st 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Penn State Soaring Club Glider ***STOLEN***

Jiminy-

I keep hoping this is a very clever April Fools...in
our post 9/11 world I would hate to think that law
enforcement needs to be concerned about what sort of
reaction they might get when pulling over one of those
long, skinny, funny looking trailers that carry aircraft.

IMVHO...this ought to concern us a little more then
who misses getting some backseat time. But I am holding
out hope that a very clever prank has been played....a
Blanik dissasembled at the airport and put in its trailer
under the cover of dark? To be secreted to an unknown
glider port? KS caught in the dragnet?

Some strange stuff here

At 21:00 31 March 2006, wrote:
wrote:

.

The way I heard it, it was officer Melinda Wu of the
Pennsylvania State
Police who pulled Karl over to check his paperwork.
Karl became
verbally abusive and officer Wu tried to control the
situation. But
when Karl took a swing at her, she took him down with
her baton, and
hogtied him on the highway with two pairs of handcuffs.
He was left
there for a good quarter hour, emitting an unbroken
stream of
obscenities that tragically went unrecorded, until
Wu's backup unit
arrived.

Of course, we don't know for sure what the details
are....
But if that is close to true, it's not good publicity
for soaring or
flying in general.

Don't argue with a cop on duty, and NEVER EVER get
physical. You will
lose.

The permanent damage may be the loss of new pilots
who think this
incident is typical of our community.