Old November 27th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Pipistrel Kit Aircraft now FAA 51% Accepted

"Bruce Greef" wrote in message
Eric Greenwell wrote:
Juan Jimenez wrote:

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message

Juan Jimenez wrote:
ect certification of an individual aircraft.

Ron Wanttaja

C'mon Ron. You make it sound like the FAA guys are an officious bunch
of self righteous bureaucrats!

What else do they call themselves?

The ones I've worked with called themselves things like "Bob",
"Charlie", and "Sue", while they went out of their way to certify my
glider, set up our wave windows, and get me the waiver I requested.

Lucky you, you ran into the minority...

It's not luck when it happens repeatedly over a 30 year period at
multiple FSDOs, towers, and elsewhere. I do know people that always seem
to get the obnoxious ones, and it's not luck then, either.

Touche Eric, I was wondering if there was a good way to say that.

I wouldn't be so much in agreement if I were you.

Ever hear of an outfit the FAA calls the "Charter Quest Team"? It's a little
group the FAA has put together to blast the livelihood from under part 135
operators on the basis of murky interpretations of "operational control".
They don't talk to the FSDO's that have authority over the operators, the
FAA won't tell you who they are or where they work out of, and if you ask
them what rules the team is working under, the request is refused and you
are pointed to FOIA procedures. These are people who have already been at
work destroying companies who have done nothing wrong other than try to live
to up to the spirit of regulations and "do the right thing." You think luck
is involved in any way in this? Even the NTSB has blasted this hit man team
the FAA has put together. You had better hope your luck holds out if you run
into them.