Old February 4th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

Default AnyWhere Map w/Dell Axim

In a previous article, john smith said:
In article ,
"Peter Westerkamp-TBRR" wrote:
I am in the market for a new hand held GPS.
Certainly would appreciate some feed back from users.

Wait for the iPhone.

The iPhone is currently planned to be closed to third party apps, and as
far as I can tell the only map app bundled will be Google Maps. Since you
can't get a GSM data connection at altitude, that would be pretty useless.

When the iPhone was first announced, I was determined to be first in line
for it, but when Jobs said that it would be closed to third party apps, my
fervour has almost completely died off. I'll stick with my Treo - I can't
get to Google while flying, but I can use CoPilot and FlightMaster.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full