Old August 5th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Adams[_1_]

Default GTX330 programming

No Spam wrote in
:

On 8/5/07 02:56, "Kyprianos Biris" wrote:

In the Garming GTX330 Transponder how do you disable the FLT ID
PWR-UP ENTRY at start up ?

I have a standard aircraft reg. number and will never need this
feature.

Thanks in advance

I don't know what a standard aircraft registration number is, but
that's not surprising - I don't know a lot of things!

Anyway, you can look in Section 5 of the Installation manual and see
how to change whether the flight id is entered automatically or must
be entered by the pilot at power up. I couldn't see a way to disable
the whole function.

Here's a link for a previous version of the manual:

http://www2.mstewart.net:8080/Downloads/GTX330_IM.pdf

Good luck,

- Don

Thanks for this reference. Looking in section 5.2.12 on page 5-6 it
appears there's a configuration option to enter the flight ID at startup
or only in configuration mode. The Flight ID (registration number) is
needed for the Mode S, but it looks like it can be just a one-time
configuration entry.

Mike

Mike