Old May 11th 04, 03:23 AM
dutch

Yeah, I heard that you will have to remove the skin every 5 years and
magnaflux the ribs and spars for cracks. But I heard that you can re-attach
the skin and fly with Clecos to make it easier the next time. Cuts the
speed a little, but what else can you expect from a 25 year old airplane.

"Jim B" wrote in message
How will the newly proposed law regarding the very detailed inspections
of planes older than 25 years affect our flying? It seems that having to
tear
them down to that extent and perform those inspections on the spars on
the wings and the tail surfaces is going to be very expensive. Also having
to scrap airframes after 15,000 hours just is a waste. Many airplanes
are still in very good condition at this time. I've heard this is being
pushed
heavily by the new airplane manufactures.

Jim