Old May 8th 05, 05:07 AM
Jose

I think you're missing Matt's point, which is that a wealthy people will do
whatever it takes to keep themselves wealthy (and successful) -- including
cleaning up the environment.

Point taken. But before they clean up "the" environment, they clean up
"their" environment. If that's sufficient, they stop.

The US is a "wealthy people", and we clean up "our" environment by
polluting other people's (such as Iraq). Why risk leaking our oil all
over the Alaskan tundra when we can let Iraq take the eco-hit, and save
our own? That's the thinking.

Garbage doesn't just "go away". It goes -somewhere-, and it's not the
back yard of the wealthy.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.