Old September 9th 03, 02:47 PM
RobertR237

In article , ChuckSlusarczyk
writes:

Hi Jeremy

Actually the settlement wasn't an embarrassment it burned me up .The
insurance
company wanted to settle out of court I wanted to fight it. However I was
told
if I chose to fight and we lost they would cover only the amount they agreed
settle out with and I would have to pay the difference. So I said what if we
win
then could I have the $750,000 that your willing to give them? I was told
NO!!
so I had no real choice but to go along with the settlement.

Did they also happen to mention that even if you won, they could continue to
file endless expensive appeals to you and your insurance at almost NO cost to
them? That is the big flaw in the system which makes it advisable to settle.
A settlement is the only way to guarantee an end to the proceedings.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)