Old June 14th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Vince

Default "Seeking Foreign Buyers For Osprey"

BlackBeard wrote:
On Jun 13, 7:55 pm, Vince wrote:
don't worry these china dolls will be kept very far from any real combat.

Vince

Please clarify "china doll."

As we use the term it applies to the fragility or lack of
survivability of the platform. Are you now insinuating you know
anything about it's combat survivability/susceptibility?

Just wondering, because I know that most details of S/S for this
platform are classified. And I don't remember you being present
during the seven years I was involved with testing those specific
systems.

BB

It will be kept far from anything that might scratch its paint
this turkey is a political airplane.
It has no clear "combat" mission in Iraq

The problems of the V-22 are in its fundamental design. It uses heavy
lift horsepower at ultra heavy cost to pick up medium lift cargo which
must also fit in its small cabin through a rear door.

it's a one trick pony, it's faster in horizontal flight. But tis still
a truck

Vince