Old February 29th 04, 03:38 AM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Countering Widespread Ignorance About the National Guard
From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 2/28/04 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time

his latest evidence of your complete and utter lack of touch with reality
(either then or now) and joining the evidently growing number of folks

who
have figured you out for what you really are.

Brooks

You are a lying piece of crap.

Feel free to specifically point out any lies in the post that you so handily
snipped, especially those related to the dissection of your own quoted
words. Reviewing it again, the only lies I see are the ones you keep
muttering:

Art: "I was originally talking bout WW II and many high sbchool kids who
went for the guard and Reserves to delay serving their country."

Well, we know that is not true, as the Guard was mobilized for federal
service at the same time that Congress authorized conscription.

Art: "If in 1943 you went into the guard you were held in contempt as
someone who wanted to avoid serving his country, And that is the way it was
back then and nothing said here can change that."

Another falsehood from Art, as it was impossible to get into the National
Guard in 1943, being as all of the units had been federalized for about two
plus years by 1943.

Art: "I never said that once in the guard the guard did not serve well."

Yes, you did: "Back then the reserve and the guard were pathetic jokes and
laughing stocks for all of us. As I have said before, if you want to go to
war, then go to war and don't hand us this reserve or National Guard stuff.
Tell a member of the 101st fighting for his life at Bastogne what a great
job the reserve is doing to defend our country sitting in the USA nice and
safe while he may not live to see the end of this day." Chalk up another
bald-faced lie to Kramer.

Art: "My grievance was only with those who hid in the guard hoping they
would never be called."

Strange at best, since the entire Guard had been serving on active duty well
before Art got his "call up" on his eighteenth birthday...which brings into
question one of Art's more cherished claims, that he was a VOLUNTEER, by
gosh! Gee, if he got called up for military service as he has stated, how
does that equate to him having "volunteered for service"?!

And last but not least...

Art: "The jokes on them."

I doubt those Guardsmen who were enduring the likes of Bloody Buna, Bataan,
Guadalcanal, Sicily, etc., before you even were "called up", not to mention
those who went on to fight hard-fought battles on the beach at Normandy,
during the Normandy breakout, throughout France, the Huertgen Forest, the
Ardennes, etc., were much of a joking matter. The only jokes that have
emerged from this discussion turned out to be your trashed reputation and
lack of integrity.

Brooks

PLONK
Arthur Kramer