Old July 29th 05, 06:31 PM

Default Negative flaps for better low speed aileron control?

Hi Group
Will someone please explain why negative flaps supposedly
provides better aileron control. I know conventional wisdom
says that it does but WHY? It is not intuitively obvious at
least to me. Yes I have tried negative flaps at low speeds
both on the roll and braking but its effect as far as I could
judge was marginal and my thoughts were that it reminded me
of a placebo. So please direct me to the authorative articles
on the subject or if there is a simple explanation please
educate me. Thanks.
Dave

PS Also posted on the Stemme Owners Group where there is a
thread running on the use of negative flaps for better control.