Old January 31st 04, 07:09 PM
John Hogan

Hmmm, I assigned the rudder axis to the thumb rotary on the throttle and
all is well. Even works on the helicopters.

John H.

Richard Whitcombe wrote:
I'm with Richard on this one, Dave. I can see no reason to return an X45
system if you've already got a fully functioning one. I used to own the
first series Microsoft Force Feedback joystick - which was fine - but this
Christmas I went for the Saitek X45 because of the separate throttle. I

did

have some concerns about the lack FF but when you get playing, you never
notice the absence of FF (or the presence of it either - it's 'just

there',

in the background).

I had a FFB stick as well, from my experience no game, including flight sim
modelled feedback properly - even in FS2002 (i havent tried 2004 with it)
was grotty and felt like a poorly tested addon after thought - it didnt help
my flying at all.

The configuration isn't quite as straight forward as it should be (drag

and

drop is needed) and it isn't a flexible as it should be either (as Richard
notes). But these 'limitations' affect all controllers, not just the X45.

I tend not to use the saitek config software as the MS in game assignments
thing works well - the inability to bind rudder trim as an analogue axis is
a MS problem with the game itself and not the joystick - you wont bind it on
any controller for that reason.