Old September 17th 05, 02:08 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:49:49 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

As soon as I get my refund (Which I *STILL* haven't received) I'll be
posting all the gory details....

I wait with bated breath.

Like you have any other kind??? hehehe

Garlic tonight

That's always a good thing. You can even see the weather from your bed
:-)

I have the airport's ATIS on my speed dial. Just press 1# and I'm
connected.

You're beoming an anorak you are :-)

OK, Ya lost me there... The only meaning of anorak I'm aware of is
something like a jacket..

Precisiely that. And people who wear them are usually some kind of nerdy
pencil collecting, speed dial using train spotters:-))

I guess you could be inferring I'm
flatulent (i.e a "windbreaker") or I'm taking the wind out of your
sales..

I'm selling nowt this week.

I wish you Brits would speak English... heehhe

I wish you Yanks could SPELL in english:-))) (Sails)

*******:-) A friend of mine is an instructor on R22,'s and even with close
to 2000 hours insrucing on them, he still hates doing full down auto's
when
he demo's them for students. He's about to convert to Enstroms now though,
and they auto a lot more easily.

I don't care for autos in the R22 either. Things happen way too quick
in 'em. Now the R44 is another story entirely....

He (my pal) was out in a 44 this week. Not doing the flying, but just
enjoying the ride. He thinks it's a world away from his 22.

The man can fly the hell out of a helicopter (And he's a helluva nice
guy to boot!)

Looks like a damed good combination.

Yep. Gonna get my R44 sign-off this weekend with him. Once that's
done, I've promised my kids a ride for the $1000 lunch.. Looking
forward to flying wit him 'cuz he's such a wealth of knowledge it's
not even funny. I'd love to work for/with him once I get my CFI...

Get your request in now, or some other bugger will get in there before you.

I have another pal in Sweden who used to do the same thing with both his
Bell 47G and his Enstrom. The cart had two lines painted on it (one for
the
left skid, the other for the front cross strut) and was never more than
half
an inch off being dead centre when he landed. Very impressive. He had a
(home fitted) gas strut that held the door open on his Enstrom and he
unlatched the door as he was auto-ing, then leaned out and just looked at
the cart. Put the ****s up me when I first experienced it, but he was
GOOD,
so I got used to it.

That'd be cool to see in either case, much cooler to be IN the thing
when it was done. I wonder if Rocky can do that.

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. As for it being cool, it is, but only
after you get the idea it's not all going to end in tears.

Mind you, he's another guy that doesn't fly heli's anymore. He bought a
float plane (lots of places to land in Sweden in one of those) and now
enjoys much cheaper thrills.

I can't afford even the cheap thrills... Although I'd love to have a
Lancair..

I can't tell you which model of plank he has, but it'll be getting plenty of
use, I know THAT much at least. Too many aircraft spend too much time sat
sitting, but his never do.

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)