Old August 24th 04, 10:52 PM
Matt Whiting

Roy Smith wrote:

I was in Claremont NH (KCNH) today. The DP reads (per a recent FDC
notam; it's different from what's published):

DEPARTURE PROCEDU
RWY 11: CLIMB VIA HEADING 109 TO 2500 THEN CLIMBING RIGHT
TURN DIRECT CNH NDB, CLIMB IN HOLDING TO 3000 BEFORE
PROCEEDING ON COURSE.
RWY 29: CLIMB VIA HEADING 289 TO 2500 THEN CLIMBING LEFT TURN
DIRECT CNH NDB, CLIMB IN HOLDING TO 3000 BEFORE PROCEEDING ON
COURSE.

What's strange is the climb in the holding pattern. The airport
elevation is 545. You climb about 2000 feet on runway heading, then
turn around and head back to the airport while still climbing. I'm
having a hard time envisioning any scenario where you would get back to
CNH NDB (which is on the field) and not be at 3000 yet.

Is there something I'm missing?

A Cessna 150 at gross on a 100 degree day with 98% humidity. :-)

Matt