Old October 6th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Coordinated turns and the little ball

I'm a flight instructor so I can feel 1/4 of a ball out, but that's
what I'm trained to do. However, in your simulator, I would not worry
about it. You're not going to be able to reproduce the environment
similar to the aircraft without having rudders, etc. When I play MSFS I
set it to autocoordination.

-Robert, CFII

Mxsmanic wrote:
How much of a movement in the little ball in the turn indicator
corresponds to something you can feel in a real aircraft? And how
much of a movement represents an error large enough to affect flight
safety or proper maneuvering?