Old February 20th 04, 04:12 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
Guy Alcala writes:
Harry Andreas wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

P-47C, 2,220.

P-47D-25, 2,540.

Very interesting post Guy.
Question, I Thought the D-25 had a much more powerful engine and the 4
blade prop.

Both had 4-blade props, although the D-25 had the paddleblade prop. I don't
think the t/o power was substantially different (Pete Stickney undoubtedly has
the numbers), just the D-25 had water injection for a W.E. rating.

A quick search tells me that there isn't any real difference. The
-21, -57 and -63 were all Factory TSB1 models. The only differences
were the water injection kits on the -57 adn -63, and a different
ignition harness on the -63.
Dry ratings certainly won't be any different.
The first big change in P-47 engine ratings was when the 'C' series
engines were introduced on the P-47M and N models.

Is it that much heavier that it has a longer take-off roll than a C model?

P-47C (block unstated), 13,582 lb. P-47D-25, 14,411 lb., 829 lb. difference or
a 6.1% increase.

I'm not certain wht the effect would be. A lot depends on the
propeller efficiency at low speeds, as well.

As a side note - I've had some mail server problems (House server),
and soem connectivity problems. It's likely that my attention will be
a bit spotty for the next week or so.

Guy, did you get the F-102 stuff I sent?

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster