Old August 23rd 04, 08:16 PM
Ray

On 23-Aug-2004, (B2431) wrote:

I got as far as the ARPC gag. For those who never served during that time
frame
let me explain. The site said Bush never finished his 6 year commitment.
The
authour has no idea what that means. During that time ALL males 18 and
over had
a 6 year obligation unless excused for valid reasons (conscientious
objector,
medical etc). This means if one signed up for 3 years active duty in the
Army
and completed those 3 years and got out he STILL had 3 years inactive
reserves
before being released. If Bush didn't serve his 6 years in either Guard,
active
or reserves the remaining time was INACTIVE reserve.

The six year obligation was the same for officers, warrants and enlisteds.

As an aside retirees have a 10 year inactive reserve obligation upon
retirement.

Actually, you don't retire until you have 30 years in. If you transfer to
the
Fleet Reserve at say 22 years, you only have 8 years of inactive service
until you're officially retired.

Think what you want about Bush, but wild accusations and name calling
proves
absoultely nothing.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ray U.S. Navy retired