Old May 29th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Ground School Training Online (PPL, CPL & ATPL)

On May 28, 3:57*pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
So does that mean that if my name is Edward Allen Albaugh, I couldn't open
an "EAA Flight School"? *That sort of seems odd.

If it intrudes on their space (which it does) then you cannot. If your
name is McDonalds you cannot open a burger shop in your name but you
could sell lady's underwear under than name if you choose. It just has
to create confusion for customers. In addition it only applies where
you do business (i.e. there can be a A-1 termite company in Los
Angeles and New York that don't intrude on each others space). In this
case the OP is Canadian I believe, I'm not sure if there is an EAA
presence in Canada or not.

-Robert