Old November 2nd 17, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

At 21:55 02 November 2017, wrote:
On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 5:30:06 PM UTC, Paul T wrote:
Will the GP 14 Velo actually be legal to fly in FAI13.5m class in

future?

Heard the GP14 and Lak's had to take out the battery's so could

meet
35kg/m2 wing loading limit. So if FAI insist on FES for self

launch and
35kg/m2 in 13.5 m class they are going to have a small pool of

small
pilots who can compete in one legally.

Sorry having seen the GP15 at Aero not impressed - like the V3,

and
SZD-56-2 they are built for the 'smaller guy'. I'll buy Schleichers

or
Jonkers who design for the larger person, and still seem to have

the
performance. FAI should outlaw this silly'small cockpit' practice.

The large ("Performance") cockpit mock-up for the V3 at Aero was

too small
for you?? The V3, the GP 14 and the GP 15 will all come with 2

cockpit
sizes - eventually.

Well if the GP14 doesn't meet FAI requirements for the FAI 13.5 m
class with its small cockpit why bother?

Why bother with this craziness of two cockpit sizes to give a small
performance advantage to the jockies and stick insects amongst us?
FAI should mandate a minimum cockpit size. I doubt the V3 large
cockpit will have the performance of the V3 small cockpit - and we
will see people squeezing into the small cockpit for the performance
advantage - yet i bet the JS3 and ASG33 will beat both.