Old February 4th 19, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pending reduction in US MAT turnpoint radius

FWIW, it also "requires" changing the software for at least some flight computers. The radius may be configurable for some apps but for what I use, the default is 1 mile for ASTs. It's fairly straightforward to work around this by simply watching "distance to go" as it counts down for each TP but it's not right and could have a minor impact on ETA calculations. I wasn't going to be critical but in my narrow scope of thinking, triggering an application change for a very small Rules change with marginal benefit is the kind of thing I expect from the government. Good thing ASTs are almost dead in this country. Hahaha. Sorry for not seeing the big picture.

Chip Bearden