Old May 4th 04, 09:43 PM
Patrick McLaughlin

Ok you prepeg carbon fiber flying guys, lets hear from you! Everybody
else has chimed in but we have heard from very few actual owners of
the SparrowHawk.

Does is really perform, handle, assemble easily, fit you comfortably,
tow easily, thermal well, and impress you?

Gary Osaba could set a world record in a glider on fire, I would like
to hear from the guys who own one (SparrowHawk) that I don't know.

Gus

Patrick replies:

I took delivery of my Sparrow Hawk SN # 10 last two weekends ago. All
I can say is Wow!. I have been flying powered and hang gliders sence
the erarly 70s ~ 1.6K Hours total in all. I have been flying a Blanik
L-13 and Nimbus-II up til my Sparrow Hawk arrived.

If you flew any of the Flex or rigid wings, it is in my most honest
opinion that you will like the Sparrow Hawk. Simply easy to ground
handle (yes, one guy can reel it out to launch), launch, tow, fly and
land. Not the lest bit twitchy, but real responsive in all axis. Very
predictable stall characteristics and slow flight handinling. I am
hooked!

It seems I made a record for the most amount of air time for the least
number of first ever tows for a new glider. 5.25 Hrs. in two tows on
marginal high pressure day in Central Oregon. I test flew (virgin
flight) my own Sparrow Hawk with only rudder peddel adjustments and
vario calibration.

At one time on the first of May there was four (4) Sparrow Hawks up
over Aubry bute at the same time. Fun, Fun, Fun!