Old May 5th 04, 05:17 AM
BTIZ

The good news is that
everywhere else I've been, both commercial operations and clubs have
been happy to have it around. They have examined the FAR's and their
insurance, my qualifications, experience, etc. and have been
satisfied.

They may not be correctly looking at FAR 91.311

Would they tow an aluminum tube cloth wing ultralight that came to the field
behind their tow ship?

FAR 91.311 says they cannot tow anything except as described in 91.309
unless they have a special waiver.. The tow pilot is also putting ticket on
the line.. to tow an ultralight.

I agree with your statement, get the experimental glider airworthiness
certification, get an N number, and remove all doubt.

With recent happenings in this lawsuit hungry world, away from your home
airport, proof of liability insurance is also good to carry with you. Some
will not tow you if you cannot show proof of insurance.

BT