Old September 25th 03, 05:08 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:1wDcb.578743$o%2.261452@sccrnsc02...
Is polishing your prop legal?

Now that we've got ours almost done, of course one of our airport wags
mentioned that it might not be acceptable -- despite the fact that every
10th plane you see has one.

Someone recently circulated a document (not official) claiming that removing the
paint removes the "corrosion resistance that was part of certification." I'm
not sure I buy that. Certainly people have stripped other parts of their aircraft
and not run afoul of such complaints. I'm sure Hartzell will tell you not to do
it, but I'm not sure that there is anything concrete that prohibits it (that is, you
are once again at the mercy of your local FSDO if they ever notice it).