Old July 10th 04, 02:01 AM
John‰]

In article , ian maclure
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 05:42:01 -0400, Cub Driver wrote:

What is your opinion of someone who gets a pilot slot in the guard, as
opposed
to someone who enters active duty infantry or naval forces, in the present
day.

Smart man!

(This comes from one who went through infantry basic at Fort Dix.)

Comes down to liking or not liking being perpetually tired,
cold, hungry, and bug bit.
Given the choice I think I'd pass on the infantry.
And besides active duty implies you may be interested in a
career. The Guard fills an important role for those who aren't
interested in a career but still want to be a soldier.

Being in the Infantry means keeping a pair of wet socks in the
refrigerator so that when you finally get home you can put them on and
be comfortable.

Got the Tee-Shirt, Benning School for Boys, 1968.

John