Old July 3rd 03, 11:03 PM
Richard Lamb

Don't see why it wouldn't work inside as well.
Would certainly reduce internal rust.

The pipes need to be blasted before treatment.
Any (and ALL) imperfections will show up.

Then an acetone wipe to remove finger prints, etc.

Spray on a thin layer of the ceramic "paint"
and bake at 500 degrees for an hour.

I did it in the kitchen oven - no noticible odor
other than the smell of a very hot oven!

Lastly, when cooled, burnish with fine steel wool to
clean off the outer residue, and produce a beautiful
luster. Not quite chromed looking.

There is also a black version that is a little different.
Clean and spray, then start the engine and bring the pipes
up to temp to bake it on.

Check the description in AS&S catalog.

Richard

RobertR237 wrote:

In article , Richard Lamb
writes:

I would agree that the upfront cost of the ceramic coatings are more but

would
question the long term cost differences. I believe the long term benefits

of
the ceramic coating will totally offset the costs.

Probably true if you farm it out, but the DIY bottle cost $19.95
in AS&S catalog...

Two questions on the DIY application. How does it compare to the professional
application which is bead blasted before application and baked on? Can the DIY
be applied to the inside of the pipes as well as the outside?

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)