Old July 10th 03, 01:00 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:30:47 GMT, "Hal Davey"
wrote:

If I might throw $0.02 in on this. In researching heat protection I ran
across this article which describes why you do not want to use wraps vs.
ceramic coatings.
http://www.centuryperformance.com/heatwraps.asp

I agree with part of what he says, but there is no such thing as the
temperature amplification he talks about.

That the temperatures may be higher than the measured EGT is quite
possible, but the actual temp can not exceed the input temperature,
which could conceivably be too high for the header material.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Cheers,
Hal Davey