Old May 24th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sports Class Nats Day 5 Underway

Hi all,
My sources have told me that today's task at Mifflin is a 4 hour TAT:
Bloomsburg, Nisbet Bridge, Mifflintown, Tall Pines, all with 15 mile
circles. The nominal distance is 220 miles. At grid time it was blue,
but with an immature golden eagle circling overhead, pilots were
optimistic about a good thermal day. We shall see.

Last night, the traditional piano destruction competition took place.
Apparently, start group no. 2 won the event. I hope someone will post
pics soon. I heard that Dirk Elber really knows how to destroy stuff!
Susan McAllister