Old August 14th 19, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Tire pressure monitor

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 08:19:20 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

I believe you are over complicating this.Â* My advice:Â* Just look at the
tires.Â* You can tell if they're too low to fly.Â* That's worked for me
for almost 50 years.

Dan, that's not often quite so easy on a grass field, especially as I
have a strong suspicion that grass on a UK glider field is somewhat
thicker and lusher than it might be in NM.

how I get on then I can post the results back here in a few weeks time.

Phil, I'd be interested to see what you find out.

I was thinking only yesterday that, after all the rain we've had
recently, it was getting hard to see if there was still a tyre on my main
wheel, let alone how much air was in it. There is very little space
between the bottom of the open wheelbox doors and the grass tops.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org