Old October 25th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Want a Comanche? Just $875,000.00

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...50/1172689.htm
--
Jay Honeck

That's just plane crazy!

It IS a really pretty airplane with a very nice interior and paint job--and
I love the tip tanks and one peice windshield.

But, gimme a break. A feind, deceased several years ago, had a 260 with
quite a few speed mods and a 3 blade McCauley. The reason for the McCauley
was that the old 2 blade prop had been in need of overhaul and the new Black
Mack was certificated for the engine, cost less than the overhaul, and
provided some performance improvement with an all new prop. After he died,
his widow sold it for a price in the 80's and all agreed that she got fair
value. I'm fairly confident that another hundred to hundred and twenty
grand would change his plane into this one.

Just my personal opinion, which I believe to be about the same as yours,
free of charge and worth every penny...

Peter