Old July 22nd 04, 10:15 AM
Brett

"Fred the peabrained moron" wrote:
"Brett" wrote in message

"Fred the peabrained moron" wrote
"Brett" wrote in message

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

... in my day the law didn't

require
you to register if you had volunteered and were waiting for your

reporting date.

It did,

You sure about htat?

Well since you eliminated what the response was given to I'm sure my
response to the comment originally presented that you cut away was

correct.

Easily corrected:

George Z. Bush" wrote:
"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2004 08:57:38 GMT, (WalterM140) wrote:

I turned 18 in 1973. My draft lottery number was somewhere between
183 and 187. But no one was drafted from my year, the first such
year since the start of the Vietnam era draft.

I turned 18 in 1973 also. I asked my recruiter if I should register

and he
said not to worry about it.

Walt

You recruiter told you to break the law and you did? It becomes
clearer with each posting why think the way you do.

Unless they changed the law back in the 70s, in my day the law
didn't require you to registerin my day the law didn't require
you to register if you had volunteered and were waiting for your
reporting date.

It did, you didn't have to register between 1975 until 1980, when Jimmy
Carter got concerned about the Soviet's in Afghanistan.

*******

Now, are you sure that the law did require Walt to register for the draft
after he had volunteered and was waiting for his reporting date?

Now peabrain since he was over 18 and he was under 27 and he wasn't on
ACTIVE DUTY at the time, the law did require him to register and they did
change the law during the 1970's.