Old November 1st 04, 04:31 AM
Jim H

Ask your tax professional if you would benefit from sec 179 depreciation.

As far as Cirrus specific information, check out the Cirrus Owners and
Pilots Association at http://www.cirruspilots.org/ . Spend the $50 to join,
it'll pay for itself many times.

If you are halfway through your training and pretty sure you will continue
with it, by all means get on the ownership train.

Jim

"New Pilot" wrote in message
. ..
Hello all,

Wanted to hear your advice about buying a brand-new plane even before
getting the PPL ticket.

Here is my situation: I am a businessman sitting on quite a bit of cash
being generated by my business, and I am also a student pilot, will
probably
get my ticket by the next Summer. I am thinking about buying one of them
Cirri SR22.

Considering that the inflation in this country is picking up, and also
that
there is quite a long waitlist for those Cirrus aircraft, would it make
sense for me to place an order now, and until I get my ticket and gain
some
experience, to lease the plane back to my local FBO?

Does this make sense economically, or am I totally crazy? In general, how
good an investment are those brand-new airplanes, provided one can afford
pay cash for them?

Thanks in advance,

A Newbie Pilot