Old July 12th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default PowerFlarm “Own Transponder Detection" Rate

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 9:58:05 AM UTC-7, John Cochrane wrote:
I had this problem. It means that your powerflarm configuration file is not properly set with your own transponder code. If properly set, it always ignores your own transponder.

I'd hesitate to use the term "always".
Due to alerts of collisions with myself even after correcting a hex address problem, I have disabled Mode C alerts.
In this way I can continue to ignore the thing and use LookOutTheWindow.com unless something serious is happening. Mode C reporting seems a nuisance, especially in a thermal with other transponder equipped glider(s).
Jim