Old April 23rd 04, 03:21 AM
BUFDRVR

Poetic license. John Warden was not a particular friend of mine.

Wheeew..

He was a pompous ass.

Can I get an AMEN?

Note for your background that Chuck was an F-105 driver

Yep, he had bomb load envy as well when I met him for the second time at KBAD
in '96

MiG trapped at six hosing your
brains out with his 37MM the memories are very explicit.

The more emotional the situation, the less likely for memory accuracy....at
least according to psychologists.

Since it was me engaged with the MiG and not the flight lead, I'll
lean heavily toward my perceptions as correct.

Unless coroborated by other eyewitnesses, you may have the edge in accuracy,
but not good enough to be used as a factual reference.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press