Old July 21st 04, 02:30 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(Mike Granby) wrote:

I just ran an FAA database check on a Cherokee Six that I'm interested
in, and it came back showing that the plane is on a Experimental
Certificate. The purpose is shown as 'Compliance with CFR / Research
and Development'. How, if at all, should this impact any purchasing
decision with respect to the plane? Will it make it harder or more
costly to insure? Will it result in operating restrictions? Will it
effect the value? Could the plane be converted back to a standard
certificate? Sorry for so many questions, but I don't have any
experience of production aircraft on experimental certificates, so any
comments or advice would be most welcome...

why not just tell the seller to get it a regular airworthiness cert?

--
Bob Noel