Old June 29th 04, 05:32 AM
Andrew Sarangan

I am planning a flight from Ohio to Stanhope (Haliburton) in central
Ontario, with a stop in London to clear customs. On the return leg I plan
to stop at Buttonville (Toronto) for a few days then make a scenic flight
to Toronto City Center airport before heading back home. I plan to do all
of these under IFR in a /G equipped airplane. The entire route is covered
in the US enroute charts, so I was not planning on purchasing additional
charts. I have an old copy of the CFS, and I was contemplating if I
should purchase a new one or ask someone to fax me the relevant pages.
The approach charts for Canada are a ripoff. I would have to buy the
entire country even if I only need one page.

Any words of advice you can offer regarding this flight?

(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:

In a previous article, said:
Does Canada use a flight plan form/sequence similar to the US? Is
this an ICAO standard?

The Canadian form is quite different from the US one, but it's very
similar to the ICAO one. There is a copy of one near the beginning of
the Canada Flight Supplement (the Canadian equivalent of the
Airport/Facilities Directory) - you shouldn't be flying in Canada
without the CFS, so you should have one handy. Even if you don't, the
FSS people will happily talk you through it.