Old May 12th 04, 04:27 AM
Newps

"Scott G." wrote in message

I am sure they have an STC for the gauge and in the STC quite a few of the
typical general aviation aircraft are included. It does not specifiy in

the
STC whether or not it can be used as a replacement gauge though. Some of
the EI gauges such as Oil Press/Temp can be used as replacement gauges,

and
others such as the 4/6 cylinder engine analyzers cannot. I wish the
manufacturers would be a little more clear in their STC's. The STC for

the
Insight analyzer it specifically states it is for additional information
only and cannot replace a primary instrument. In the EI STCs they really
don't say either way, but a call to EI cleared that up.

EI will send you a copy of a 337 to get their fuel gauge approved as a
primary replacement. You use all the rest of the Cessna stuff and wire it
to their gauge. The Cessna Pilots Assoc website has lots of Cessna single
owners who have recently made the change. Mac Speed at EI is the guy you
want.