Old October 5th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default GNS430 Restore Defaults?

When we put a 430 stack in one of our club planes I talked to Garmin about this.

1) There is no way to reset only the user screen-type options.

2) There is a way to reset the entire box at power up (probably the method
suggested in another post), but this also resets a bunch of GPS position
information that takes about 15 minutes to rebuild the next time the box is
turned on. (I may not have the time exactly right, but it was unacceptably long
for our purposes. It may be o.k. for your needs though.)

3) The Garmin support guy that I was communicating with (a year ago) put a
suggestion into the software developers' queue that they come up with a simple
user-interface-defaults-reset in some future version of the software. He agreed
that it would be a very good safety thing for any airplane flown by more than
one pilot.

I got all this by emailing Garmin support. I'd suggest you try them rather than
relying solely on newsgroup inputs.

On 10/5/2006 12:36 PM, Stan Prevost wrote the following:
My new airplane has dual GNS430s, and I would like to start out with a clean
slate on them.

Is there a way to reset the entire unit to factory defaults, clearing all
flight plans and user waypoints at the same time?

Stan