Old May 26th 05, 01:37 AM

Lee,
The ASW-24 is a great aircraft, but I'm sure you have discovered in
your research that the 24's original airfoil was discovered to not
perform as well as expected in rough air. There was a relatively
simple remedy which was to "blunt" the leading edge. Before worrying
about the winglets I'd check to ensure that this modification has been
done.
And to answer your question, if the avionics are top notch and the
winglets PROPERLY installed and the finish in very good condition, then
$45k sounds like a fair price in my opinion.
It's a beautiful aircraft.
Respectfully,

Lee Rusconi wrote:
I have an opportunity to buy a 1988 ASW-24 which is
in beautiful condition, good electronics and great
trailer. The glider is equipped with M&H winglets.
The asking price is $45,000 US. I would appreciate
any feedback regarding the winglets and/or the price.

Thanks