Old April 25th 05, 04:42 PM
Dave Butler

Kyle Boatright wrote:

As an aside, the geography near Middlesboro is unusual. One of the few
towns and/or airports you'll find that is completely encircled by mountains.
That's what happens at the center of an ancient meteor impact crater...

Interesting. Didn't know it was an impact crater. Wish I had known that when I
was there. I flew in a few years ago when Glacier Girl was under construction in
a Cherokee 180 at full GW. Did a circling departure over the field to gain
enough altitude to feel comfortable heading for the notch in the surrounding
mountains.

Dave