Old May 15th 17, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian[_2_]

Default TST 14M on W&W

On 12/05/2017 21:20, wrote:

I admit I am not at all familiar with this glider and I couldn't really find much about it on the interwebs. I'm also not in the market. Just wondering why a seemingly modern two-seat motor glider would be selling (or not) at such a low price.

I know nothing about these gliders. But if I were looking to buy one, I
would try and locate as many flying examples as I could and try and
ascertain their age and total hours logged.

If only 10 or 15 were ever been built, and only two are three are still
flying, and those have logged perhaps a couple of hundred hours each,
over the last 10 years, then maybe there is a problem.

On the other hand if you do the same exercise for something like a JS1,
you will find over 100 have already been built and I suspect they
average maybe 100 hours per year, each.

Ian