Old May 14th 17, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
XC

Default US: International Squad Ranking List for 2016 with Benalla WGCIncluded now Online

Sean,

Are not aware there is a new multi-step selection team process in place? My understanding of the new process, as I read it in the document "Updated US Team Selection Process v1.0.3", is what used to be call pilot ranking is really now more accurately described as pilot eligibility.

I think most would agree that it is a well thought out process. These are the three steps in the new process.

Step #1: Pilot Eligibility - Certain pilots are eligible by numerical calculation of recent results in both US and IGC contests.
Step #2: Preferential Voting By Qualified Pilots - Pilots who ranked 85% of the winners score in a recent nationals vote for who they think would perform well at WGC.
Step #3: Final Team Selection By The US Team Committee - A final look-over by the team committee to make sure there is a solid squad.

Please get your hands on this document and read it over. Let me know if you want me to send it to you. I think it is a good process.

XC
Sean Murphy