Old May 14th 17, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default US: International Squad Ranking List for 2016 with Benalla WGCIncluded now Online

Hello Sean Murphy,

I happen to disagree with you about the wisdom of a process like that. But not wanting to grind that axe at this moment, I'm curious as to how you've come to know that such process has been adopted?

When I go to the SSA site and click on the Sailplane Racing heading, I find a subheading: US Team. Under that subheading is a further subheading: US Team Selection. The only document there is dated 2010 and describes the objective method of determining the US team that has been in place since that time.

There is also a subheading: US Team News. When I scroll four entries down through the news, I find a Request for Feedback dated March 2016 that has a link to a survey and relates a process that sounds just like the process that you outline. It's in a doc titled: Updated US Team Selection Process v1.0.3. That document was created as a proposal and has the word "proposes" in it. So, has that proposal been adopted as the policy of SSA?

Was there an announcement about that which I missed? I sent an email to a member of the US team committee asking about this a couple months ago. The reply I got was that I should stand by. Four days ago, I sent a message to a different US team committee member asking basically the same question: what is the process that is now in effect. As of today, no reply.

Like Mr Fidler, I'm pretty annoyed that there is this lack of communication and transparency in regards to an important function of the SSA. What is going on?

For what it's worth, I've decided not to make the drive to the nationals this year.