Old June 7th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Employment

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in news:bd11f57e-8cae-
:

On Jun 7, 11:03*am, wrote:
On Jun 6, 9:29 pm, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:

We're starting brand new CFI's at $32K which is about double what

most
regionals are paying for a new right seat pilot.

It terms of dollars, I suppose so, but in terms of experience, it
would seem to me that they're a lot better off in the right seat of
something with two turbines.

How would an ambitions kid (and that is definitely not me on either
count) ever make those part 135 minima if all he does is go around

and
around the pattern in day VFR conditions, with a very few XC and

night
hours added into the mix?

Then please tell me how in hell any new pilot is going to gain flight
experience if he/she isn't flying? And who says they won't get XC and/
or night? I'm not going to put my airplanes on the line, pay for the
upkeep, pay for the gas, pay for the insurance, etc, etc and just let
them go build time on my dollar. As a new CFI they are going to build
some invaluable flight experience that you just can't get any other
way and make a liveable wage while doing it. They produce for us, we
help them along. In more than 50 years in this business I've never
seen a better deal for new pilots. I suppose it boils down to personal
motivation and desire. Unfortunately the trend seems to be more and
more..."What can you do for ME?" and expect it to be a freebie.

I have to say, your wages seem impressive. In my day we would have
gotten marginally above min wage and liked it...

Bertie