Old June 9th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael[_1_]

Default Employment

On Jun 7, 12:29*am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
We're starting brand new CFI's at $32K which is about double what most
regionals are paying for a new right seat pilot.

There's an outfit in Arizona that starts them at $36K/yr, I think. In
any case - it's a living wage. Only problem is, there's no future in
it. Are you asking for a comitment? Like maybe a year or two?
Because if you are, the economics of the situation are against you.
These days most of the regionals are hiring people at under 800 hours
- which means that you can get your CFI time in and be hired in 6
months or less. True, you will make $10K less in that 6 months - but
what is 6 months seniority worth?

Michael