Old April 27th 20, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Minimum acceptable self-launch climb rate

kinsell wrote on 4/26/2020 11:37 PM:
On 4/26/20 11:38 AM, Kenz Dale wrote:

The GP 15 Jeta has a ratio of 1:6.3, which is far lower than the rule of thumb
for powered flight. Yet, I don't hear anyone complaining.

Given that there are approximately 0 Jeta's flying in the hands of real customers,
the lack of complaints may not be surprising.

You should always be cautious comparing specs of vapourware gliders to those of
gliders in the field, since in the first case the glossy brochures are sometimes
not encumbered by nasty things called facts.

The first one was at the SSA convention, then taken to it's new home in Oregon.
The virus situation has complicated and delayed the licensing, but the owner
expects to fly "soon". The factory (and many other businesses) in Poland has been
locked down (and still is) for over a month, which has delayed the April delivery
of the next two units to the USA, and that delay will likely ripple through the
other orders for many months. The prototype has flown for at least two years.

Bringing a new glider to market on time is difficult, even for established
manufacturers. 25 years ago, Schleicher surprised both myself and the US dealer
when they added a year to the delivery date for my ASH26E.