Old June 5th 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Region 5 South Contest Report

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 12:01:39 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
How close can it get?

We are still trying to find a way to effectively communicate with competitors via mobile devices. A trial use of an application called What’s App may be a solution. After 3 days we have about half of the pilots using the service...

Rich

- why not stick to the standards, SMS text messages, email, and a web page (a real web site, please not Facebook). Put downloadable documents (task sheets, weather forecasts, grid sheets, etc) on the web site. If they are suitable stand-alone files (PDF, JPG, PNG) they can be downloaded into the mobile devices for later off-line use.