Old November 3rd 03, 05:20 PM

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:59:15 GMT, David Megginson
wrote:

(Gary Gunn) writes:

How much is a marker beacon receiver really used in IFR flying? I'm
building a new panel and need to decide if I want to include one or
not.
Appreciate your input.

In Canada, they are not used at all: the first time I heard mine go
off was when I overflew Albany NY at altitude during a flight in the
U.S. Go to www.myairplane.com and look at the approaches for airports
you might like to visit some day.

Note that you can get an audio panel with the marker beacons built in,
so it's not a big extra cost or a lot of extra panel space.

There's an experiment to stop runway incursions using the 75MHz Marker
Receivers it so could be an additional incentive.
http://www1.faa.gov/and/and500/520/programs/gm.html
http://68.164.254.131/GM.asp

Anyway the extra cost to have it built into the Audio Panel is only
about $100 + antenna.

E-mail (Remove Space after pilot): pilot